CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Trying some new soups

I'm kinda getting bored of the same old soups. I usually make Turkey Vegetable or Chicken Vegetable. I am determined to try some new ones. Hopefully my family will survive my attempts! LOL!

I made up a recipe yesterday for potato soup. It actually turned out quite well! Everyone loved it. I had some leftover today for lunch and it tastes even better today. Strange how that always seems to be the case.

Anyway, I'll post the recipe, but be aware that most of my measurements are approximate.

POTATO SOUP

6-7 medium potatoes
water to cover potatoes
1/2 can evaporated milk
1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
bacon pieces (I used real bacon bits)
green onion
salt/pepper to taste

Peel, wash and cut potatoes. In large pot, add enough water to cover potatoes. Boil until soft. Remove potatoes (reserve water) and mash well. Put back in the pot with the water. If you think it will be too watery, you can take out some of the water. Also, I used my mini hand blender and just blended the potatoes right in the pot.

Add the milk, cheese, bacon bits, green onion and salt/pepper.

Simmer, but be careful it doesn't burn on.

We served it with garlic bread and a salad. Delicious!

Next time I will try it with cheddar cheese.

1 comment:

Jean Marie said...

this looks Yummy...love Potato soup but have never tried to make myself...this looks like a great recipe to start with! TFS!