CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

A quick and easy salad....

Here's a salad that I make quite a bit, especially during bbq season :-)

Broccoli/Cauliflower Salad

1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup Miracle Whip (mayonnaise)
4 Tbsp vinegar
1/2 lb bacon (fried and chopped)
1/2 cup each of mozzarella and cheddar cheeses

Cut broccoli and cauliflower into small pieces. Mix above ingredients and stir into the veggies.

Note: I sometimes just buy the real bacon bits instead of frying bacon. Much quicker :-) Also, I often use Marble cheese as that is what I usually have on hand. Still tastes just as good. I have seen other additions, such as raisins, green apple and onion -- they all taste good, but I wouldn't get away with adding them in my salad!

No comments: